Meet 2020

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Spawnsy

Meet 2020

Post by Spawnsy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:20 am

Fri the 14th and Sat the 15th of August.

This is the meet 2019:

I am going to employ an external caterer so that nobody has to stand at the BBQ if they don't want to, so there will be a small charge as opposed to a voluntary contribution. Don't panic, it won't be much.

Otherwise the usual format will apply. Open to all full members. Guest behaviour is best behaviour.
Loughborough, Leicestershire, England.

Friday night in town for a Nepalese meal and drinks. You will need to budget around £25 for this to be safe, £15 if you don't drink. Volunteers to drive are always needed. The Friday is never too crazy: lights out usually no later than 1am.

Saturday breakfast (breakfast!? lol) at Tesco's cafe (10 min slow walk), or toast and cereal if you want to save some pennies, then the main event officially starts at 2pm till late with an outside caterer providing a BBQ.
Please try to arrange to leave at a civil hour on Sunday to allow me and Rox some time to ourselves to recover before returning to work.

We have more space than ever before for tents (bring your own + camp bed etc) in the garden to help keep it affordable, "the bunk" (spare room with triple bunk (reserved for overseas travellers) and two camp bed spaces sleeps 5. With added fan this year), and space in the living room (6 max cosy).

The (modest discount) code for The Cedars is now available. Please message to request it and then use the link provided here to book direct using their website.

If possible please use Novavab for all your taxi needs. 01509 215868 No discount, but owned and run by friends: they're reliable.

Loughborough can be reached from junctions 21a (coming from south) or 23 (coming from north) off the M1 motorway, it's on the Midland Mainline railway (I can collect you), and East Midlands is our nearest airport (again, I can collect you by arrangement). Google it! You have the power.
I shall take the Friday off work again to accommodate times to best suit people's travel arrangements.

Pm me for address, discount code, or with any questions.

If you've not been before and you're a bit wary bear in mind that the first time is tough for everyone, just bite the bullet: it's worth it.

The meet makes our virtual a reality. It's one of the things which makes =EBS= really special.

Please make sure that your name is on this list if you would like it to be. Indicate Fri/Sat/Cedars/vegetarian please so that I know for numbers.

Confirmed attendees.

Spawns
Rox
DJ Cloudo Fri

--------

Spriggs Fri Cedars
Spadgy Fri Cedars
DD Fri Cedars

--------

Pb Fri Prem
Ghostie Fri Prem

---------

Zel Sat Cedars Veg
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Easy now.

darkdeamon

Re: Meet 2020

Post by darkdeamon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am

Booking my leave 😁
Putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

eyzpick
Loading…

Post by eyzpick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 am

Let the planning battle begin :geek:
Fingers crossed !!!

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 am

i hope i can manage to get there this year again, after having such a good time last year
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:36 am

@DOOSDIEF
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Easy now.

HonorOfDuty

Post by HonorOfDuty » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:49 pm

Have to see how I'll be in regards to planning. I hope to graduate this year with hopefully my defence before August. I'm sure I can make thing work

SpecOpsVX
Loading…

Post by SpecOpsVX » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:33 pm

I am currently both poor and job searching but I can certainly say at this point that I will walk up if I have to. Can't wait to see everyone again!

EDIT When do you need the not so voluntary contributions by Spawnsy?
Image credit to Stuart Brown at Skipper Press. Check them out. Their art is something else! https://skipperpress.com/

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:46 pm

on the day as always mate. i trust our people to be cool.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Easy now.

Spriggs272
Loading…

Post by Spriggs272 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Coming both days. Probably at the Cedars
I survived the great server crash (23/10/2018)
Gone but never forgotten

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 pm

I shall come down on the Saturday and stay at The Cedars. I’m a vegetarian 😊. Weird to think this’ll be my fourth year!
We’re not the avatars we create. We’re not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through. All else is just smoke and mirrors. Distracting, but not truly compelling.