minecraft mods

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

warlock359205

minecraft mods

Post by warlock359205 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:40 pm

can one of you experts out there , tell me 1, how to get mods for Minecraft on the pc. 2, if they I presume are downloaded , where I extract them to, 3 how do I actually run them. I only ask as my grandson keeps on to me about it, I have tried one before and I THOUGHT I had put it in the correct folder but it didn't work. so any tips would be grateful, oh and do I need to download forge ? or something like that. thanks in advance

HonorOfDuty

Re: minecraft mods

Post by HonorOfDuty » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:26 pm

A good place to start is the FTB minecraft mod ' launcher' . This is a launcher for minecraft that has a lot of mods preinstalled, or installs them as you go has a lot of choices as well https://www.feed-the-beast.com

peglegswansoon

Post by peglegswansoon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:56 pm

You may also want to check out the Twitch app from

Code: Select all

https://www.twitch.tv/downloads
I had no idea until my girlfriend showed me but it can actually manage Minecraft modpacks as well! You can even use it to install the FTB ones. Just go to the Mods tab, choose Minecraft, and you can browse through FTB stuff and other packs. When you find one you want it's as easy as clicking "Install" and it takes care of the nitty-gritty file placements etc automatically. You don't get quite as much control as the FTB launcher though, I don't think you can swap out individual mods you just choose from a list of pre-made collections (modpacks).

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Thanks for the input, I will give them a go asap