The crazy brit

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

darkdeamon

The crazy brit

Post by darkdeamon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Our main office has two big windows and my office also has a big window. Due to the layout of the mall and our tower (1 of 4 in the mall) the windows are never in direct sunlight and the windowsills are in shade all day.

My first summer in the office, I noticed that the myna birds liked to rest on the windowsills in the shade during the heat of the day. They would sit there, beaks gaping, panting in the heat so I decided to put a small plastic tub of water out on the sill and top it up daily. This made my sill very, very popular.

Things escalated and we now have a bird waterer and feeder on one sill in the main office and some porcelain bowls on my sill with a ready supply of water and bird seed. The mynas come along and kick arse on the pigeons if they are in the way. When I was in the office during Eid, one of the regular mynas was actually tapping on the window because the food and water was empty!!

If you play music while the mynas are there they will peer in the window and a couple of them will sort of sing along. Two especially like whistling. I decided that I would try talking to them and see if any of them would pick it up. Started with "hello", spoken slowly and strongly inflected as two syllables. Though they're not speaking yet, they are matching the rhythm back at me in response to me speaking.

I had the office in stitches today when I made a change of direction with the training and went from "hello" to "sod off"!
If I do get these birds saying sod off then it's going cause chaos 🤣
Putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

Allana

Re: The crazy brit

Post by Allana » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:21 pm

what a story.
made me smile after a horrible loss in squad. thx for sharing XD

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Pfff ... had to look after the translation to understand this indigenous idiomatic :mrgreen:
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 pm

hehehe nice Story DD, i like it! especially the part when pigeons get ass kicked
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

EVL-TW@

Post by EVL-TW@ » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 am

LOL
Only Dark would do this lol.
Hope you are well bud.

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:24 am

You're a legend D!
Easy now.

Spriggs272
Loading…

Post by Spriggs272 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:17 am

Never Change D, thats a amazing!
This reminds me of a news article a while ago where the fire brigade was called out to get a parrot off a roof but the parrot kept shouting "Fuck off". Wasn't your parrot by chance?
I survived the great server crash (23/10/2018)
Gone but never forgotten