bf 4

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

warlock359205

bf 4

Post by warlock359205 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:27 pm

I have been replaying the single player missions on BF 4 and got really annoyed today , as when I fired the game up it said it was "updating" and what was it updating ? they added WITHOUT MY PERMISSION a fuking black lives matter logo, im NOT racist but ALL lives matter and I found it offensive to deliberately add a bloody logo that means NOTHING to me, if it wasn't for my other games on origin I was VERY tempted to delete origin altogether, but bf4 is now and forever uninstalled.

Stujb

Re: bf 4

Post by Stujb » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 pm

I'd love to reply to this with my black friends comments, but I'd probably offend some white folk.
Those of you on FB who are friends, you're more than welcome to ask.

Bennett
Loading…

Post by Bennett » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Well considering you're Licenced the the game and its not actually sold to you, they can do what they want with it. And you agreed to that when you accepted the User agreement so you're shit out of luck.
You're also missing the point.

Projectblue

Post by Projectblue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Of course ALL lives matter Warlock. But where were you when Save the Whales was about? Were you running around shouting 'What about the other sea creatures?'.

Or;
'Save the house on the corner from fire.'
"Hey, Save ALL houses from fire right?"
'Yes, but the others are not on fire. The one on the corner is'
"Yeah, but if we go save that one, what happens to all the others? And one of those is mine"
'But it's not on fire RIGHT NOW. The one on the corner is. Come help put it out?'
"F U. I'm staying here to make sure that fire doesn't get anywhere near my house"

You get the point.

Anyway. The issue is about them updating the game with a logo. If they had updated it with Liverpool FC League Champions would it mean NOTHING to you? Football is very tribal. Maybe you could hate that? Or maybe you love it and I'm taking offence. Uninstalling a game because it has a logo supporting a tribe that means nothing to me.

Michael Schumachers life matters? In Forza Horizons? Fucking liberty! Can't believe they want to wish that Ferrari driving cheat well. I'm uninstalling all my racing games in protest.

See how daft that looks?

Love you Warlock, but do pull your head out of your Alf Garnett ass and give it a wobble, there's a good chap ;-)
"EBS was, and is always, a respected place to play because admin's don't take any shit and we don't dance around the axe. If it needs swinging, we will do it, without question."

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:06 pm

my argument is ,no the black guy that was killed ,shouldn't have died that way, but ALL the bloody crap that has sprung up since his death has done nothing for their cause at all , there's NO need to deliberately add it onto a game, after all it was proven that he was a career criminal , and a serial rapist, after all, but pulling down statues etc will NOT change the past and there was NO need to deliberately put it into a game to promote it, they'll be saying jimmy Savile was wrongly accused next, and has greenpeace achieved anything? apart from polluting the planet , no,i am surprised that all the apachies, Navaho, cree and all the other real owners of America haven't risen up and kicked all the white and black men out of their country. and finally I absolutely detest football of any sort, I don't care how good someone kicking a ball is, he's never worth more money every week that you can earn in a lifetime .

Projectblue

Post by Projectblue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:37 pm

You haven't answered my point. Irrespective of money earned, you wouldn't kick off (see what I did there) and uninstall the game if they had made that statement. You wouldn't would you?

Be honest with yourself here and look inward. You opened the door to this issue you have and yelled out, I'm just stepping through trying to show you a different view point from a position I was hoping you can understand. But this reply is... well.

I'm locking this thread now because we don't do politics or religion here. And given your last reply it's pointless continuing this.
"EBS was, and is always, a respected place to play because admin's don't take any shit and we don't dance around the axe. If it needs swinging, we will do it, without question."