Hardspace Shipbreakers

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Harrod200
Loading…

Hardspace Shipbreakers

Post by Harrod200 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:55 am

I picked this up after seeing a couple of videos and am really enjoying it. It's a bit like space engineers in reverse; you start with a ship and systematically rip it apart.

It's a bit Zen, similar to ETS2 in that you can pretty much put your mind into a low gear and just hack away.

There are two variants (passenger and cargo) each of two ships in the current build; one a small ship and one a bigger freighter. More ships are promised, but IMO the real content will come if they release a ship editor and Workshop functionality to get custom ships on the go.

I've already got what I'd consider my money's worth it of it, so can recommend it easily, but you may also want to wait for a bit more content.

A mere $830m to go until I've worked off my debt!

0verzeal0us

Re: Hardspace Shipbreakers

Post by 0verzeal0us » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:11 pm

I like games like this - minimal thought required.

It looks like a mechanic game except you don’t have to put the ships back together!

Harrod200
Loading…

Post by Harrod200 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 am

Breaking things is always more fun than building things. SMASH!

My only complaint is that sometimes the physics goes a bit...squiffy. Just like in other games really; you try to gently pick something up and it suddenly shoots across the room. Of course, this is most often seen with things like fuel tanks, cryo canisters, y'know, things that don't mind being thrown at a million miles an hour into a wall.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 pm

It’s a feature!