I need a new headset, which shall i get now...

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Lafayette

I need a new headset, which shall i get now...

Post by Lafayette » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:30 pm

I am now in deep lassitude of not knowing if i am heard when ingame, or if my fellow teammates just try to make me loose my good temper.

I have this Razer kraken 7.1 V2 Oval edition for 2 years now but maybe there is a false contact in the cable somewhere, or maybe it s just the Razer synapse soft not behaving right.

Sound positionning is really good imho, and the mic when it works seems really fine.

Now USB connector is quite handy, and less prone to breaking than 2 wires jack, well i have no real preference about it.

I would like to find a headset which is as good in sound positionning and a good microphone, but the most important is that it works flawlessly for more than two years if possible... futhermore if this will cost me another pretty sum in such peripheral.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Lafayette

Re: I need a new headset, which shall i get now...

Post by Lafayette » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:52 pm

I am lurking at this one from Steelseries, the Arctis pro which comes at 160€ delivered, do i need the GameDAC?

I have this high end motherboard's integrated sound... But then i have to install Nahimic? Get it on the microsoft store, WTFF?
https://fr.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-GAM ... -CARBON-AC

Or a Logitech G Pro X, 110€...

Still will those headset will play nice with my hardware/software ?... I really do not want to find out AFTER spending another 100 or more again.

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Provoked prawn is the man. He has a youtube channel detailing high end gaming headsets. some videos compare popular models.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheProvokedPrawn

I love my asus strix which Age recommended to me. Quite a few of the members bought this model. Only Ztranier has had a problem and that's because he pulled the wire by accident!!
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:04 am

so first off all, i never wanted to have wire less Headsets mouses or keybords, because i didn´t want to pay extra money for the rechargable batteries when the devices are all on the same spot with or without wires(kb in front of me, Headset on my head, mouse to my Right), but after breaking so many wires on devices i changed my mind and would go for at least a wireless good 7.1 headset.
My last wired headset did cost me abaout 220 Euros incl. shipping and it is/was great and it was the best one you could get for money, when surround was the target, but the wire is already broken because i ran twice over the cable
to shorten it a bit @Lafayette, i would go fo a 7.1 wireless headset atm even if i was able to fix the problem with some duck tape
as you know that i would only buy something which satisfy and won´t buy a bad solution if not needed
here is my link to the one guy who tested them all
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheProvokedPrawn
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:07 am

ohhh
intersting to see that this is the same guy Sirspawnalot mentioned ealier 😁
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

eyzpick
Loading…

Post by eyzpick » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:52 am

For gaming I’m still in love with my Astro A40 TR.
Music/movies/series for me nothing beats the 1more triple driver in-ear.
Just breathe :?

BillBailey

Post by BillBailey » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 am

I've had one the Logitech ones for s while, recently the cable developed a problem, but I just ordered a new cable from them and it arrived in two days.

Lafayette

Post by Lafayette » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Looking at what you guys use and like with great interest, the hunt is just starting...

Harrod200
Loading…

Post by Harrod200 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:48 pm

I got a Corsair Void Wireless set a year or so ago; comfortable weight, good long charge on it (or plug it in and it's as good as wired), sound quality is great, you'll have to ask everyone else we play with for how it sounds on the receiving end.

Lafayette

Post by Lafayette » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:13 pm

This Corsair Void wireless is tempting, way more affordable then what i have seen so far... and yes Harrod i hear you well ingame also.

Logitech's offering seems nice i am looking at Gaming PRO X headset, design is appealing mic seems perfect, but i suffered from Logitech's app problems for so long with my G15 first gen, smells trouble.

Astro 40 why not, but wait, is it 7.1? triple driver in-ear, i have to look closer at that... Astro 50 price tag is brutal to me.

About Asus headsets you recommended gentlemen, alas i also had bad experience on longevity with my asus headset. The first they made i think, the one with noise cancellation powered from a aaa battery inside, it lasted 4 months tops... no way i put the money they ask for on those.

Steelseries Arctis Pro wired, without GAMEDAC, is a potential winner also, provided it works fine with my Motherboard/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC and audio positionning is good. After watching some of Provoked Prawn videos, Arctis7 wireless might do the trick too!

Please gentlemen, if you stop by and like your headset take a little more time to tell me/us which and what and why !!!