Arma III

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Cold Blood Nor

Arma III

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:44 pm

Ahoy,

Anyone here that plays ARMA III? I am re-downloading the game after not playing it for ages, and was wondering if anyone here plays it, or want to play it (I have seen that many of my EBS friends have it).

If there is interest I can look into setting up a server for us to play on, with as little mods as possible (I have some bad experiences with mods in this game lol). I am thinking running as vanilla as possible with the DLCs as follows:
- Malden
- Zeus
- DLC bundle 1
- Helicopters
- Karts
- Marksmen

In regards to mods, open for suggestions. I am sure it is better now than it was in 2014 when I stopped actively playing lol
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

HonorOfDuty

Re: Arma III

Post by HonorOfDuty » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:39 pm

I started the single player campaign, seeing as i run most, if not all games on linux, and the servers are only accessible if they do not run EAC. But i am enjoying myself, even though the bot squad mates can be stupid most of the time (note to self: DONT LET THE BOTS DRIVE ANY VEHICLES). Don't have any DLC apart from the free ones seeing that the prices are way to steep imo (the game is from what 2k13 DLC go for 25 EUR...)

eyzpick
Loading…

Post by eyzpick » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:55 pm

+1 ;-)
Just breathe :?

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:16 am

HonorOfDuty wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:39 pm
I started the single player campaign, seeing as i run most, if not all games on linux, and the servers are only accessible if they do not run EAC. But i am enjoying myself, even though the bot squad mates can be stupid most of the time (note to self: DONT LET THE BOTS DRIVE ANY VEHICLES). Don't have any DLC apart from the free ones seeing that the prices are way to steep imo (the game is from what 2k13 DLC go for 25 EUR...)
When you say EAC, do you mean easy anti cheat? I know the game run battle eye as anti cheat, and I can look into if it is possible to not run it?
Cold Blood out.

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Oh, if we do play, I only run these mods. It makes it easier to get a quick mission:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =338988835
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =450814997

You need both to use the MCC 4 (the first link)
Cold Blood out.

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 pm

Yesterday I had two of my most epic sniper shots. One at 2200 meters on a stationary target and one at 2100 meters. The last one was moving!!!

Just love sniping in the game. The bullet travel is insane and so fun!
Cold Blood out.

HonorOfDuty

Post by HonorOfDuty » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:01 am

Cold Blood Nor wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:16 am
HonorOfDuty wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:39 pm
When you say EAC, do you mean easy anti cheat? I know the game run battle eye as anti cheat, and I can look into if it is possible to not run it?
Yes I mean easy anti cheat. But battle eye is pretty much the same. The thing is most anti cheat services are kernel level drivers. Now with the newer linux 5.11 and 5.12 kernels we are a step closer to being able to play games that use eac or be. However, it is not yet adopted into Wine or Proton so for the time being I can only play online on servers that do not run eac/be, or I have to reinstall it on my windows disk. But that prolly won't happen since I tend to touch that disk as least as possible

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:51 pm

I see. Well, I have disabled battleye now, and I do believe that translates over when self hosting a server. If you want to test that, let me know @HonorOfDuty :)
And as I mentioned, the only mods I am using are these two (The MCC is dependent on the other one). The MCC is a mission generator/editor and it makes good quick missions.
Cold Blood out.

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:33 am

After some testing yesterday (thank you for the help Honor!) there is now a server set up for us to play on! Setting one up was the bast way to do it, as a self hosted server from the game did not work for either me or Honor.

Server name: CBN For Fun
PW dm me on Discord :)

All DLCs are enabled, so if you have it you can use the stuff. If you dont, then you might not be able to use it. But Honor was able to use a weapon yesterday somehow... And I was able to use some equipment today without having the DLCs... So you may or may not be able to use it...

Links to Mods (requierd):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =338988835
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =450814997

The MCC mod is an easy to use mission generator. Open the MCC interface by pressing Left CTRL+DEL, or by middle mouse wheel and choose MCC from the menu. Press login to get access to the interface. Only one person can be logged in at the same time.

How to generate a mission:

1. When logged into MCC, click on the "Create zone" button if there are no zones already there. The zone should be placed where you want the mission to be located. I.e. if you want the mission to be in the town of Kavala, make sure that the zone is laced over the part of town that you want the mission to be at. If you need to reshape a mission area, see next step.

2. When a zone is created, press "Mission Generator". To the right, under the map, you will see a drop down menu called Zone, make sure that the zone number is the same as the one you have placed over the area you want a mission to be at.

The next steps are to reshape and move already existing zones, these steps can be skipped if there are no zones already available. Zones can not be deleted after they are created, so it is better to just re-use old ones.

3. To reshape a zone make sure that you have the zone you want to reshape selected in the drop down menu and click "Update Zone". Mark the new area you want to be covered.
4. To move a zone make sure that you have the zone you want to move selected in the drop down menu. Move to the location you want. (You can move a zone from the map in the MCC map as well, but I find it easier this way)

5. When a zone is created, make sure that the correct faction is chosen in the drop down menu in the "Rival Faction".

6. Change the settings as you want. I do not know what all of the settings does, but I did test with having #number of enemies to 35 and 40, and I did tank the server. So please Do not put it at that. 30 enemies should be fine.

7. When the mission is over, i.e. you have done all the objectives, do NOT click the "Mission Won" or the "Mission Failed" button in MCC. This will cause the mission to end, but the server dosent let you in to play again for some reason. Go in Zeus mode (by pressing Y) or go in the MCC menu and mark all the assets from the previous mission and press the "Delete" button on the keyboard. Follow step 1 to 6 to create a new mission if you want.

Zeus controls:
If you are logged into MCC you will have access to Zeus. With this you can spawn in vehicles, or friendly troops by that matter.

Respawn:
Add Respawn positions: Go to "Modules" in the menu on the right (Looks like three boxes) and find "Respawn" In the menu. Place the point where you want it. Remember to have the correct faction point down i.e. bluefor for NTAO.

Fire Support:
MCC offers fire support, but I think that it is easier in Zeus. Go to "Modules" in the menu on the right (Looks like three boxes) and find "Fire Support" In the menu. Choose what you want. For all the non CAS/Air support stuff, if you hold down Left CTRL and you can place more than one at a time. (FYI, it takes around 6 230 Missile strikes or Howitzers to take down a armored vehicle... It is fun to see assets and people fly around though when they are hit by the artillery though)

Vehicles and Equipment:
In the menu to the right, click on units (the one person). Go to the yellow option, this is important. If you do any of the other options (Bluefor, opfor, civilan) it will spawn it with personell inside the vehicle/asset. So if you spawn in a enemy vehicle in front of you, chanses are that they will shoot you..... So yellow is cool! What is nice is that you can fill the vehicles with equipment if you want to. To do this place the vehicle down and double click on it and choose "cargo". Fill it with whatever you want. There is a limit though to what you can add though, so be aware. If you are good at scripting stuff, you can add your script in the vehicle as well.

The same approach goes to getting supplies, find supplies in the yellow menu, place it down and double click on it to fill it the way you want.

If you want to "airdrop" stuff in: first place it down on the ground (and fill it with cargo if you want to). Second, hold left ALT and click the asset while you move the mouse up. When desired height is achieved release the ALT and move it where you want it to drop down (the chute needs some time to deploy, so do some testing to see the height that is needed.

I think that is everything. If anything, please let me know. I am more than happy to help and to learn how stuff works for us. Just an FYI, this is semi new territory for me, so thank you for the patient :)
Cold Blood out.

Bennett
Loading…

Post by Bennett » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Cold Blood Nor wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:33 am
All DLCs are enabled, so if you have it you can use the stuff. If you dont, then you might not be able to use it. But Honor was able to use a weapon yesterday somehow... And I was able to use some equipment today without having the DLCs... So you may or may not be able to use it...
I think you just get in game adds for the dlcs pop up on your screen every now and again. so you can use everything but it keeps bugging you to buy dlc