Valheim

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

darkdeamon

Valheim

Post by darkdeamon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:29 am

As I see a few of us are playing, I will start this thread where we can share info......

I will start with this
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021 ... -right-now
Lording it over the plebs and putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Re: Valheim

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:52 am

Donate to keep EBS alive ---->Image

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Server up!
server name: hbsValheim
PW: ebsisreal

Let me know if it is suddenly down :)
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

darkdeamon

Post by darkdeamon » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:01 am

Can't find it but it's probably me being a noob!
Lording it over the plebs and putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:47 pm

No you're not, I can't find it either, and I can hardly understand how the lobby works

It's like if the server list was filtering according to your country by default ....
If a guy who lost his touch with the real world is a fool, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:59 pm

@darkdeamon @Hairy Frog You guys are not alone! SgtObvious and Pter have had the same issue. Workaround (as far as I can tell) in the next post :)
Cold Blood out.

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:01 pm

As of right now there is some of you that have issues finding the server because of, well reasons beyond this plebs knowledge. However, SgtObvious and I have found a work around! If one is able to join in, others can join thru the person. For example: Cold is able to join in but Obvious is not able to see the server. Obvious have to join via Cold
Cold Blood out.

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:03 pm

If we are experiencing lag on the server (even if it is hosted by a company, member, etc.) it is not the fault of the host. It means that one of the connected players are the bottleneck:

From the Valheim Discord:

Just to push this out here for people regarding desync and lag and problems with the dedicated servers or multiplayer in general, here's how Multiplayer work in this game, a very good statement from Ori:

"No. We're telling you what it is. The ONLY thing a dedicated server does in Valheim is keep the world open and accepting connections. It's literally the game client with no graphical interface, no character, only serving the world. It puts the players connecting in a peer to peer web. One person with a bad connection hurts the entire web causing desync. This server architecture can run on a potato because of this setup."

Dedicated servers doesn't mean better performance, just it being online 24/7 basically, so you're only as strong as your weakest link, meaning if one player on the server/world has bad connection issues or bad pc or pc issues, everyone in that world/server suffers and feels desync and lagg

Reddit post to spread the word:
Cold Blood out.

Bennett
Loading…

Post by Bennett » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:14 pm

1. Go to steam and click on view at top menu, navigate to servers and select the favorite tab.
2. Now click on the "add server" Button and enter (Need IP address) press add.
3. Refresh your server with the refresh button and there you go, you can now join your server with a doubleclick on the server's name.

darkdeamon

Post by darkdeamon » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 am

Based on the discord comment above, I'm probably going to screw it up if I join a European server🤬