BTCC Championship ?

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Hairy Frog

Re: BTCC Championship ?

Post by Hairy Frog » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:40 pm

I'd prefer a BTCC championship : ONE car by pilot for all the races
If a guy who lost his touch with the real world is a fool, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:21 pm

from all what i did read it already has been decided that the first EBS championchip will be a BTCC one, thats why the name of the thread has been BTcc championchip right?
but maybe i am wrong
so "if" there is a majority agreamend, i would prefer that the @Cold Blood Nor server should stay on all BTCC cars only.
Cause as Hairy always says: u need to drive...drive and also drive to get better
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Well, I think I have to bring a touch of nuance :

First of all, nothing was decided prealably, Trainee. Everything here is a proposal.

I named the topic because the original idea - told by Monk - was that the BTCC car pack would be perfect for a championship. And I agreed so much to the idea that I want now to bring it to life....

.... thus my strong conviction for an exclusively BTCC event of 10 "week ends", like the real one is done

To this, I would add that it will be enough difficulty for you rookies, to produce a consistent performance on 10 different tracks with the same car. you don't need to add complexity by changing car from race to race, you can trust me.

But for sure, I never meant that you should drive exclusively this car of choice and nothing else all along the championship duration. Nothing against trying side combos for fun and improvised races ... or another championship in parallel :mrgreen: ..... but just keep only one car for your BTCC championship, it will teach you a lot of little things
Last edited by Hairy Frog on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If a guy who lost his touch with the real world is a fool, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:32 pm

I hope we have enough drivers now to make it a fun series. How many have expressed an interest in the BTCC series?

I would say it needs 8 regulars for it to be fun race series.

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:33 pm

i am interested :)

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 pm

btw @Cold Blood Nor ,would u mind to enable all the Btcc cars on the server soon?
might sound a bit selfisch but i´d like to test some other cars since i think my high 1.13 lap was not to bad
i know it takes long time to upload all the cars, but what are lets say 3 mins compared to a 4and a half hrs session
but i got no idea if it would be still possible to have the non BTCC cars still alive

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:28 pm

@Ztranier no worries at all mate! Ill get right on it :) As I have mentioned to people before, just DM me on discord if you want anything changed, and Ill do it.
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:37 pm

yup id did read that, but since i have just started racing again i do not want to be dominant
cause people had loads of fun with the alternate cars as well

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:50 pm

=EBS= BTCC championship ruleset

1) The aim is to reproduce more or less the real life BTCC championship, taking in account our own limitation ( server management, comitement, simracing possibilities etc … ). Each driver will have to choose one car for all the championship, to choose within the BTCC mod linked below :

2) http://assettomods.com/btcc-mod-v2-0-march-2020/

3) The championship is open and anyone willing to is liable to participate to any, every, or only one race of the said championship. Each participant will be granted of the points earned in each race he was racing.

4) The championship will consist in 10 events, each run every 2 weeks on different tracks in the order of the list below :

- Brands Hatch Indy
- Donington Park National
- Thruxton
- Oulton Park Island
- Croft
- Snetterton MRC 300
- Rockingham Speedway
- Knockhill
- Silverstone National
- Brands Hatch GP

5) Each event will be organized accordingly :
- 20' warmup
- 10' qualification
- Sprint race => the number of laps will be set so that it do not exceed 10'+1lap => it is much better to run the sprint before the long race, see it like a uber warmup, and the last chance to get your car set fine for the long race
- Long race : the grid will be the reverted order of the sprint arrival => the number of laps will be set so that it do not exceed 25'+1lap

6) Race points will be granted accordingly :

- Sprint : 30;29; ;28; 27; 26; ....... ; 4; 3; 2; 1 pts

- Long : 60; 58; 56; 54; ......... ; 8; 6; 4; 2 pts

This is the guaranty that each finisher will earn points !

7) After each event, the championship leaders will be granted a weight handicap that they will carry for the two races of the next event. This handicap will be granted accordingly :

- 90; 60; 30; 15kgs

We will change this rating if experience shows it is necesary. My wish is that this handicap would influence even more the tires wear than laptimes

8) No pitstop mandatory, but tire wear and fuel consumption will be set so that it is recommended in the long race.

9) No damage set : this championship is a discovery for most drivers and staff …. but you won't escape to mec and painter invoices in the next we will run, :mrgreen:

10) Penalties will be managed by the server itself :
- Anticipated start => drive through
- Cut = > slow down to 35kmh within the current lap.

11) Fairplay and respect are the #1 rule. We won't juge nor sanction any action, all good hapening is in your hands ... and your heads.

Let me remind you of some basic racing rules ( some are constitutive of the general sporting rules of the FIA ! ) :

- The defender car change his line only ONE TIME
- If any part of the attacker's vehicle comes ahead of defender's, the defender must leave room to finish the overtaking
- If you pushed someone out of the track, stop, wait for him, and get back to the places you were in order previously, unless your victim signifies to you that you can go on ( Discord mandatory ! )

12) The conection to Discord, in the chanel dedicated to the race, is mandatory. Do not forget to setup a push to talk button, to avoid any sound interference ( breathe, wheel engine, background, etc ..... )

13) At the end of the championship, the driver who has cumulated the most points will be declared champion, and will earn a place in our memories for the time …. left to the next championship !
Last edited by Hairy Frog on Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:26 pm

i like the rules so far @Hairy Frog , thanks for all the work you put in this
but a test might be needed