Site Admin

Re: Needs a new chair

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:24 am

Donate to keep EBS alive ---->Image

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:13 am

WOW! I just looked at their UK site and they're not cheap - £826.00! 😭
Last edited by 0verzeal0us on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bennett
Loading…

Post by Bennett » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:49 am

Thanks guys. I went with the secret labs from Age's review video.

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:55 pm

not a bad choice imo
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:25 am

The key to successful gaming is get off your chair every hour and walk around, stretch and get your back into positions. No chair no matter how good will compensate for some changes in positioning which the back requires.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:16 pm

I’m tempted in getting a mesh chair now but does anyone know of any less expensive chairs? I’m saving up for a new CPU / Mobo / RAM combo you see.

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:21 pm

if you're only tempted and don't need a new chair then stop entertaining the thought of spending money unnecessarily on a new chair that you don't need!
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it. (J. B. Peterson)
Stay hard. (D. Goggins)
Easy now.

eyzpick
Loading…

Post by eyzpick » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:34 pm

knightmorphed wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:25 am
The key to successful gaming is get off your chair every hour and walk around, stretch and get your back into positions. No chair no matter how good will compensate for some changes in positioning which the back requires.
As a professional sitter (like most of us): @home at the desk or 12h shifts @work. I can tell that the advice of Knight is the only one that works.
Currently at work we have a 24h chair made by Recaro. With all the bells and whistles, lumbar support, cervix support, special butt padding to avoid bedsores. Adjustable seating and back panels for very tiny low weighted female and big very tall heavy men. That kind of very very expensive desk chair. It has a very difficult manual, to much buttons, levers and pumps. It takes a lot of time to adjust it well and then the next shift is there and starts adjusting it to his or hers preferences. It's not a bad chair but still not THE chair.
We even tried the swopper:

It is not bad and makes you use your core a lot. Which is the only real help for lumbar problem people. Unless you want to take a lot of medication.
Problem here is that we needed serveral diffent types of springs, for the different types of people.
We even tried the deskbike, I kid you not. And currently the are thinking about a treadmill so we can walk while doing our job.
For us at work the only real thing that works is switching between the standing and sitting position.
We also have the luxury of a standing/sitting desks.

At home the only thing that works for me is a regular leather table chair with hard seating that obliges me to sit up straight and use my core muscles.
The swopper is still something I consider to use at home.
But the search for a decent chair is a very difficult one. What works for one person doesn't always works for someone else.

In my experience the only thing that really works is switching between sitting and standing.
Just breathe :?

TicklishPicklewickle
Loading…

Post by TicklishPicklewickle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 pm

At this point, wouldn't you just be better off sitting on one of those inflatable yoga balls?

And definitely agree with knightmorphed, moving and stretching is super important and probably the most effective change compared to just getting a new chair. Your eyes will also like that you take them off the screen from time to time.