Cities Skyline, a story of a Mayor fail

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Cold Blood Nor

Cities Skyline, a story of a Mayor fail

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:30 pm

Late last night I, as the Mayor of the town Spottville, was the fault of a huge disaster.

I had been building Spottville for a good 9 hours at the point of the disaster. Everything was fine and perfect just achieved 50,000 citizens and rising, £20,000 profit every week, children playing in the parks, rocket launches going as planned, you know, the usual happy average town.

But then, the Mayor decided that he would focus on a tourist side of the city. The site would be off the regular power and water grid, totally self sufficient. A great idea you might think, not having the big nice buildings drawing from the main grid.
The Mayor thought it was a great idea as well, after all, you don't get elected major just by bying a game! In addition to this, it was a cost saving measure, as it would be cheaper to build a small new infrastructure.

So construction began, roads were laid and connected to the highway. Bus routes set up, and trains in the planning.
The town would be powered by a wind and water hybrid power unit. That unit would be perfect for the town. It was placed in the perfect spott in the water.

Then, the town needed water and sewage. The Mayor, who is keeping his word (rare in a politician right?), started construction of the water and sewage infrastructure. The Mayor did as he always have done: Placed the water up stream from the sewage.
Only this time, the Mayor did not check the movement of the water. Everything looked OK in the beginning. A few people died in the tourism hotspots, but the Mayor did not think much of it.

Then an opportunity presented itself as the population rose above 60,000. The city could expand another 2kmx2km. So the Mayor decided to connect the tourist part to the rest of the city, and in the transition connect the infrastructure.

THIS IS WHEN DISASTER STRUCK!

The Mayor, in his wisdom, forgot to check the flow of the water where the water pump and sewage were. It turned out that there were no flow. Which meant that the sewage went into the water, which may turn citizens sick. The Mayor did not notice this until the water lines were connected to each other and all the happy children were dying in the park. The population of Spottville were cut in half, income cut 200%, people moving out, and dying left and right. My cemeteries filled up quickly and the crematoriums could not keep up. That is when the Mayor noticed the contaminated water.

Lesson to be learned: CHECK THE WATER FLOW!
Luckily I did have a autosave from before the disaster, and the progress was not all lost.
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Bennett
Loading…

Re: Cities Skyline, a story of a Mayor fail

Post by Bennett » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:29 pm

been there

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:08 pm

I generally try and flood everything or cause a natural disaster. 😈

Sim City 2000 was the best, mainly because the city you made could be flown around if you owned SimCopter.

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:28 pm

Bennett wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:29 pm
been there
hehehe, yeah the pick up of the dead is not the fastest.
Cold Blood out.

Cold Blood Nor

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:32 pm

0verzeal0us wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:08 pm
I generally try and flood everything or cause a natural disaster. 😈

Sim City 2000 was the best, mainly because the city you made could be flown around if you owned SimCopter.
Somehow I a not surprised by that hehehe. In the "new" simcity, my favorite thing to do when I was done with a city, was to set a meteor strike at my nuclear powerplants 💥💥💥💥

And that SimCIty 2000 and SimCopter comment brought back some memories!
Cold Blood out.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:36 pm

The trouble I had with SimCopter was the noises the pilot made. It was worse than the Sims!