Mental Health Support

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Lythnic
Loading…

Re: Mental Health Support

Post by Lythnic » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:35 am

I find it difficult to condense feelings in words, but i will give it a go.
With ME/CFS, life is quite different. I constantly have to evaluate whether doing something is worth the energy. Be it going to school, taking a shower or getting up from bed. I want to just give up and just set life on autopilot until there's a cure, but I know that this will just make that things worse. At this point, the things that keeps me from suicide, is a hope that it will be better in the future.
Principle at The School of Git Guud

"Meaning is something that makes the suffering worthwhile."
- Jordan Peterson

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:04 pm

We're here for you pal.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it. (J. B. Peterson)
Stay hard. (D. Goggins)
Easy now.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:20 pm

As Spawnsy says, we’re here for you.

If you need to talk, you know where I am. The DND channel is there in the EBS Discord server as well as DMs.

Projectblue

Post by Projectblue » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 pm

@Lythnic
Life isn't easy is it chap? No one warns you about these things when you are a free and easy kid with no worries and then - 'bam'. One day, it's all changed and all the stuff you were planning to do or want to do, is so damned difficult to reach.

I don't have any answers, but I've been in the dark place. So close I could feel it smelling me like the Riders chasing Frodo. So I get that it's there, and it's insiduous. It laps at your feet, then recedes like the tide only to come back again and you don't hear it or feel it until your feet are wet and you suddenly realise it's back.

One day at a time is the way. Cut yourself some slack on some days. Other days make the effort if you have the energy. As always we are here to listen, or to talk. Everyone knows I am good at that, people don't realise I can listen as well. Although it does take some effort, so you need to prime me :)

Take care brother.
"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.."

Lythnic
Loading…

Post by Lythnic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 am

Thank you, everyone
Principle at The School of Git Guud

"Meaning is something that makes the suffering worthwhile."
- Jordan Peterson

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:37 am

@ Lythnic and overzealous, as you may know I have my own problems, minor compared to some of yours but ,personally I don't know if it's stupid,brave, or just my mindset, but I tend to tell myself fuck it I'm going to ignore it and don't matter how you feel just take your meds and ignor it ,works for me, I know it's hard but it's taken me years just to get the word cancer out my head ,now it can piss off as it no longer bothers me, I have other incurable diseases not known on the forums but I made 1 big mistake back in 1978 I gave in to it far to quickly, but I have now found ways to get around any problems it causes , keep a positive attitude and ignore it and eventually it will fade into the distance and you can begin with life ,as it is ATM .😁

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Lythnic, if you feel like talking in Norwegian, let me know :) I am a good listener :)
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:14 pm

don`t know what i can say Lyth but sending a virtual big Hug to you mate
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Tellus

Post by Tellus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:08 pm

Echoing the sentiment - here to listen if you'd like to chat or vent or anything else, Lythnic. Hugs!

Stujb

Post by Stujb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Lythnic wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:35 am
I find it difficult to condense feelings in words, but i will give it a go.
With ME/CFS, life is quite different. I constantly have to evaluate whether doing something is worth the energy. Be it going to school, taking a shower or getting up from bed. I want to just give up and just set life on autopilot until there's a cure, but I know that this will just make that things worse. At this point, the things that keeps me from suicide, is a hope that it will be better in the future.
@Lythnic My father was diagnosed with ME when I was 14. I used to skive school to help him. My dad was a rock to me and one of those blokes who was just somebody who could, in his prime, be so physically strong.
I remember the doctor coming to our house, assessing him. He then made a phone call and said something like "No, I've his medical records in my hand, there's nothing in them'. I assume an assumption that my dad was trying to fake it. He was, at the time, in his 40's. I'm guessing the assumption at the time was he was skiving as very little was known about ME at the time.

He's now in his late 60's and has just laid 6 tonnes of conrete behind his garage. Daft fucker!

Give it time mate, chin up and remember, there's a lot of EBS who will bug you until you submit into love.