Mental Health Support

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

BillBailey

Re: Mental Health Support

Post by BillBailey » Sat May 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Well said Satan, it's not the end of the World, you just have to suck it up, Carry on and stay Calm.

Stujb

Post by Stujb » Sat May 16, 2020 10:15 pm

There are those of us on here that live with what is called a 'mental illness' but do not talk about it.
Having to simply 'suck it up' is not an option and simply displays a lack of understanding from some of you.

Aggression is not the answer! This is a very direct comment to a certain member.

This also applies to those who do not understand how linguistics work between our different countries.
Our European friends phrase a sentence in a way that's often what we would consider an aggressive way.
That is the way in which they speak.

If you talk to them in a 'banter' type aggressive manner, you need to accept they will respond in kind.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Wed May 20, 2020 4:55 pm

From https://safeinourworld.org/covid-19/who ... u-talk-to/

Knowing where to turn can be difficult during this time, particularly during periods of isolation. Many mental health services are experiencing extra strain and this means that some of you are facing extended time on a waiting list. To help you find someone to talk to in the here and now, we’ve put together a list of services that are here for you.

GLOBAL
Virusanxiety.com is a Coronavirus anxiety hub which provides an abundance of resources from free meditations, through to how to manage financial anxiety and isolation

UK
  • For young people who need assistance, Childline offers online live chats or advice over the phone. During the Pandemic, their hours are 9 am till midnight every day
  • Mental Health Matters provides numbers for different counties in the UK. They also offer a live chat service if you prefer talking online to speaking over the phone
  • If you’re in crisis or need to support someone close to you, you can call, email, or text SANEline. Due to the Pandemic, they are running a condensed version of their service
  • If you’re under the age of 35, Papyrus UK offers a service for those experiencing suicidal thoughts or know someone that is
  • Befrienders Worldwide can help you find the service you need and addresses a range of issues to help you find what’s right for you
  • MIND UK has an information line that can help guide you to the service that you need
  • For those who need immediate help in a crisis, a new service called Shout is offering a 24/7 text service to help anyone in need
If any of our overseas members need help and don't know where to turn, please contact me (in confidence) and I will see if I can find a service local to you.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:28 pm

At the beginning of July, pop culture marketing agency Experience 12 conducted a survey that revealed the positive impact video games have had on the public’s mental health during the pandemic.

With over 3,000 participants, a whopping 97% found that playing video games has been beneficial to their mental health during this time.

Full article

Harrod200
Loading…

Post by Harrod200 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm

My work pushed out that they were giving access to a Headspace subscription for free. The other half got a couple of months free from his job a while back and it helped him quite a bit; fingers crossed I can sort out my head a little with it.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 pm

I’ve often looked at Headspace but have always been put off by the price. Let me know how it goes!

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm

I found that the mere act of asking for help changed my mindset hugely. I hope you get what you need. All the best with it. There are many, many people here willing to listen should you choose to ask.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

Harrod200
Loading…

Post by Harrod200 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:28 am

0verzeal0us wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 pm
I’ve often looked at Headspace but have always been put off by the price. Let me know how it goes!
They do offer a 2 week trial if you want to give it a go. That'll get you through the first of three 'basics' intro courses of you stick to one a day, with them being about 3 minutes each to get you used to doing something. If you've done any mindfulness/meditation on the past then you could probably skip to some of the more in depth courses too.

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Another excellent resource has presented itself... simply pop in your post code and find out what support is available close by.
https://hubofhope.co.uk/