Admin the Server

We might not own a server, but we did once :'(
DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Admin the Server

Post by DarkDeamon » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:50 pm

We have setup 3 management groups on the server

FullAdmin:kick,ban,chat,changemap,pause,cameraman,immunity,teamchange,reserve,private,balance,config
Admin:kick,ban,chat,changemap,pause,cameraman,immunity,teamchange,reserve
Moderator:kick,ban,chat

Most full members will have Moderator rights

Immunity, you can't be kicked
Reserve means that the player can get on and use one of the reserved slots so we can always get at least one admin in the game to sort things out
Cameraman allows you to free float from your body and move around the map. You can check on players to watch for glitching or other forms of cheating/ abuse
I will do a subsequent post detailing the commands for camerman and what they do
This is a picture from camerman mode
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Admin the Server

Post by DarkDeamon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:58 am

More Admin Info
Full Admins
DarkD

Admins
Berkman
Warlock

Moderators
Spriggsy
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Admin the Server

Post by DarkDeamon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 am

Cameraman View

For those with access to this tool, it is meant to allow Admins to observe players causing problems/cheating before you ban their arses. Please don't be tempted to use it to further your own teams progress!
Here is how you use it....

Left Shift + P goes into and out of mode
0 - Info display top left
9 - Player Name
8 - HUD View
7 - Player Stencils
6 - Shows Capture Zones
WSAD controls direction
Space - go higher
Ctrl - go lower
Left Shift + WSAD makes you go faster
There is apparently a few more keys that are supposed to do different things but I've not discovered those yet

Start by finding yourself somewhere safe (otherwise you are likely be facing a respawn screen when you return to your body). You should be stood still as there is a glitch if you are running and swap to cameraman mode (we may never find the body)!
Use Left Shift + P and suddenly your weapon disappears, you are now a free floater. In the image below, I've pressed 0 to bring up the display in the top left.

Below shows the Capture Zones from about 20' in the air. This can make it easier to navigate on bigger maps as your map doesn't work (it only shows the location of the body you've left behind).

This shows players in detail, I've got Stencils, HUD view and Names showing. Very good for finding the problem child you need to observe

If you use this process and kick/ban someone then please report on it in the Squad Hall of Shame thread. If you have the ability to record your screen to capture evidence of hacking, please do and post the vid in the forum. The devs are keen on reports of hacking and glitching.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac