Some tactics we need to consider and practice for Squad

We might not own a server, but we did once :'(
Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Re: Some tactics we need to consider and practice for Squad

Post by Spawnsy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:55 pm

What blue said. It doesn't take long, running for 4 to 6 minutes, only to die the instant you make enemy contact, to realise that these tactics are essential if you want to get any kind of enjoyment from the game whatsoever. It isn't bf4. It's project reality mk2. You won't like it stuj. :shrug:
While I'm here, I may as well point out that as a result of the massive success of our insurgency servers, we now have a very large contingent of members who are tactically minded. All members should now accept this as fact. There is no point in getting upset about it.
We have at least as many members regularly playing insurgency as we do bf4. We are plenty big enough to all get along.
EASY NOW

Age.
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/age_uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/age_dub
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheProvokedPrawn/

Post by Age. » Mon May 02, 2016 6:35 am

But that doesn't and shouldn't mean people who play squad have to play that way. Or you'll alienate people (including me) who just want to have fun and not be bossed about :p
HILARIOUS Youtube videos
--->Donate to keep EBS alive<---
If you have problems, be sure to check the Guides Section for simple idiot-proof guides with screenshots 'n' all.

IRAZORI
SWO
SWO

Post by IRAZORI » Mon May 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Leeeeerooooooy Jeeeeenkinsss!!!!!!!!!!!!

phpBB [video]

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Tue May 03, 2016 4:11 pm

i remember when you used to lead a squad on 2142 age. you were bloody great at it. always giving info, encouraging everyone to stay together, to consider a kit which was needed etc. the later bf games seemed to need good tactics less and less. i suspect that progressing tactically will come organically as the game is played more. we started insurgency just running about with the settings somewhere around the mid mark, and as we got better, turned it up to stupid, and the tactics just keep flowing. nobody set out to play that way, but improving is human nature.
@Age. you are right that i was wrong. stuj, or anyone else for that matter shouldn't rule it out. you can have a run and gun squad, play as you please, sure. i don't want to put anyone off. i think that my point still stands though: i suspect that over time you may start to appreciate a member or two in your squad who are more 'that way', and the tactics will creep in to your game naturally anyway. i find immense satisfaction when nobody has to lead in insurgency. when we have all regulars on who just do it out of sheer habit. it's still organic and free range. it's just within a sensible mindset of what will and won't work.
darks original post is just jumping the gun for those of us who are already looking for a basic framework to work within.
the insurgency guys will gravitate to one another naturally. chances are we won't bother anyone. we'll just do our own thing. and if there are more lighthearted players in other squads encouraging others to enjoy the game in a different way, then we're covering all bases and everyone is happy. i think that would work out great.
EASY NOW

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Tue May 03, 2016 4:42 pm

I've actually seen a 9 man squad using standard infantry tactics in game on one of the yank servers. It was bloody impressive and a bad thing to be on the receiving end of.
Once they bring in the vehicles it will be a little easier for the run and gun types but for now it's more run and splat. As for the rumours of man portable mortar units :devil:
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

Spriggs272
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/351365168354

Post by Spriggs272 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:45 am

Mortars you say .... :D
The resident muppet ...