Admins can help

Chat about our Insurgency server
TokaiTele
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028417860/

Admins can help

Post by TokaiTele » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:29 pm

In light of recent events regarding admin rights on our server I'd like to offer some advice - that most of you probably know.

If you don't have admin privileges and there is a player or players who is/are being a nuisance then please look on your steam friends list, or discord, for an admin. Believe it or not I used to spend a lot of time online on steam even though I was working and not in a game. The sole purpose was for me to be there when a player needed to be dealt with on our server. I used to get asked to deal with someone on a regular basis. This doesn't mean you can message people when you need space for a friend who isn't in EBS to join!!

Asking an admin for help has a two-fold effect:
1] It deals with the troublesome gimps.
2] It shows us that you care about our server and are not wearing tags just to get immunity from a kick - to make room for an EBS member when the server is full.

In fact, I used to ask for help quite frequently - before I had admin privileges. Point being, the above two points helped me get my admin rights.

Now, don't go asking for help for minor altercations; I used to get spammed with very trivial requests which didn't need any admin attributes to solve. The best approach is to talk to the offending party and see if they are willing to stop being a gimp. If not, then by all means, ask for help from an admin.

This post may seem trivial but people really like our server for many reasons and one of those reasons is the way the server is managed by admins. We've all been on the receiving end of shitty admins in various games and it really does make you avoid an otherwise great server.

So to summarise, show us you want to help our server, and community, and I'm sure you'll receive rewards to reinforce that ethos.

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Re: Admins can help

Post by Ztranier » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:07 pm

good shout Toks!!

Kentone
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kentoneheadshot

Post by Kentone » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Yup, I offer my help on this cases, just send me pm on steam and discord, I have both on my phone. If I have my computer near and im not working I will do my best!
Conspectis
Hostium
Navem

Hairy_Frog
Midshipman
Midshipman
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971773657/
Location: Between Bordeaux and the ocean, not far from my amp and guitar

Post by Hairy_Frog » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:34 pm

These unpleasant guys are rare I think. No later than this afternoon I was once more ( a bit ) surprised to see that an impatient man who was requiring a fast cap, quickly understood the server's way by listening our coms, and behaved alright once spawned.
This was not the first time it hapened
Aristote : to be, is to do
William S : to be,or not to be
JP Sartre : to do is to be
F Sinatra : do be do be do

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:20 pm

The question was asked of me the other day about what the admin rights are. We've grouped them as follows
  • Basic - kick and slay
  • Normal - Basic + ban, un-ban, change map, slap, respawn
  • Trusted - Normal + console chat messages, vote management
  • Admin - Trusted + reservation (never got it working), password server, run rcon commands
  • FAdmin - God
With each admin level comes an 'immunity' from certain actions from lower ranked players which is why most of you can't do things to me, Taran or Spawnsy. We've also set certain commands and abilities so they can only be used by the God accounts (burn you buggers, burn) as they were getting rather over abused.

It's a matter of a simple edit to promote or demote someones admin rank. Show you can be trusted and we'll move you up a level. As always, big brother (aka Taran) is watching your every move (via the logs).
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil: