inflationary respawning

Chat about our Insurgency server
Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

inflationary respawning

Post by Ztranier » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:04 pm

to me in the past 2 or 3 weeks there is an inflationary respawning going on on our INS Server and tbh i do not like it!!!!

elder EBS admins respawn themthelves after beeing killed caused by rushing, stepping onto traps, beeing fragged or teamkilled.
also newer EBS admins copy them and respawn whatever there is to respawn, and tell me they just learned it from the elder members.

one thing of this behavior is that often other players which are not ebs members/admins are not respawnd, and thats not fair at all!

on the other hand there is no progress in learnig how the team could do better with the new bot settings(yes i know that DarkD, made them much harder and intelligent recently), but i can remember times when we didn´t care a bout them. it was all about finding a strategy to finally win againgst those Odds.

i second that people are respawned when they have technical issues or when they just joined the server or when the last player to join had to give his slot away for an EBS member(just an exchange of guns then) but what i have seen in the past few days changes the character of our INS server to much

i know i am still a newcomer to the community and it is not up to me to judge whats happening, but i wanted to make sure that my point of view is heard official and maybe we can have a discussionon about that cause it seem that i can´t get through with my ideas on discord.

with kind regards
Ztranier

P.S.: sry for my poor english
Last edited by Ztranier on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: inflationary respawning

Post by DarkDeamon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Apart from the join spawn in, only time I'll respawn myself or other players is if I'm doing testing or if I tk someone by accident I'll respawn them (not if they're being a tit).
Only time I've seen this happening was the first two times we played Panama with the new theatre, basically as we couldn't get past A!
It shouldn't be happening otherwise and if it continues, the respawn function can be turned off for security team.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm

the old rules were if only ebs on its fine, but if with the public were on tended not to or was discouraged, but always the odd situation where this didnt apply and sense prevailed.

most people I have seen stick to the rules with occasional cheely respawns, I can see nothing outrageous in logs, with a fair few of yourself Z

it can be removed easily but perhaps you should try and address the issue with the people who you are annoyed privatley and if not name names and lets get on with the bun fight :)

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 pm

maybe u should have a closer look at your logs tarAn, only today i have seen al least 15 respawns within half an hour
and i have slayed myself after beeing respawnd to make a commend then and i a m also sure that you can find the names who did the respawns

no reason for a bun fight, but i think it should be cleared

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:17 pm

you need to have it out with the persons you are annoyed at.

I dont think it is helpful or wise for you to tell me to look at the logs closer..

I know exactly what is going on here.. you need to sort it and be clear who you are upset with.

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Ztranier » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 pm

understood tarAn!

i guess that just means shut up

rat-rsv
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rat-rsv » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:21 pm

The reason I did it today with evil was to show him the new weapons, he also didn't know you could scroll down the weapon list to see all the guns. As for re-spawning none members, it was done not to piss them off if just members got re-spawned, sorry if you didn't like it but I'm sure I said why it was being done.

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Had a chat with dark, and can see from the logs that the respawning since we lost the strong pressence of some of our senior admins and recently promoted WO's on the the server that its become a bit wild west at times.

with the testing theater people are respawning more as it is a test enviroinment, and we think thats understandable, and without being online when people respawn themselves at other times its hard to know what is exactly is going on, but for sure it has increased, and by allot of new members.

We can also see from the logs it is being used more than usual by the same people, every time you spit on our servers it is recorded, we dont want to remove it but will restrict if it gets out of hand

The Old Rules are a set of gentlemanly guidlines as to when it is and when it is not ok to respawn oneself on the server, it is not strict and is always open to gentlemanly flexibility.

TokaiTele
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028417860/

Post by TokaiTele » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:44 pm

I've noticed that a few pubbies are asking for respawns on a more frequent basis. Yesterday one of our newer members was going to respawn a friend of theirs, after they were disconnected from the server, I said 'no' and the new member said 'It's OK, I'll do it'. I said 'no' again and was told, by said friend, that 'it is no biggie' to wait rather than be respawned. I understand why people do it, but it really needs to stop. One might say it is an abuse of power.

Anyway if it keeps happening I will speak to this new member, before revealing their name. Who knows, maybe having a broken microphone is a good thing :-0

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:42 pm

I think it very important for all to remember what made our Insurgency servers so popular to begin with. Our community standards must be upheld. If you are a wo or swo then you shouldn't be afraid to insist (in the friendliest possible manner) that you be heard and respected for the greater good.
The alternative is to remove admin rights from those who are not warrant officers. Stating that should have the desired effect.
EASY NOW