Cairon
Leading Rate
Leading Rate
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DamnWhitePeople

Re: A Delayed Suggestion

Post by Cairon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:48 pm

taran wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:30 pm
I liked PVP sundays as well, but found it hard to get regular players on all the time, it was fun. also had quite a few grumpy bastards wanting it to go away.

I can still flip the server to pvp any time, what you need is enough interest and a time and I will flip it for you happily
Perhaps we could try hosting the odd PVP event, ask for feedback during the games, if positive, gradually increase the frequency of the events and see where it takes us from there? ;)
Oreo spelt backwards is still oroe :cookie:

Kentone
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kentoneheadshot

Post by Kentone » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 pm

The change to pvp needs to be done by a server admin, not game admin right?
Conspectis
Hostium
Navem

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:10 pm

to set the server to pvp it needs me or @hisdarkness, or @spawnsy ha sdone it in the past., although it can be a little hit or miss if you forget something along the way, I am also sure @honor has server privilages as well, the switches are all still there, waiting like King Arthur for the time to come again :)

but to fire one pvp game/round, an admin can choose a pvp map via sm mapchange, this will load the pvp theater file, and at the end of this round it will default to coop, as if it were a dream...that admin needs to know the difference between loading up a pvp call and a coop call, and perhaps the risks, at worst the server will crash and reboot, its pretty robust by now.

Its a kind of a @taran hack, but will work, you really do need though for it to be on for a bit to give the guests a chance to stick around, otherwise if its for one round only you only get randoms..

Kentone
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Kentone » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Maybe it can be set by a vote?
An alternative change map vote with pvp maps
100% positive result or it didn't happened, to not piss off the pubbies that wants our nice coop :D
And then it fallbacks to default coop, after that map.

Maybe im going too far :/
Conspectis
Hostium
Navem

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 pm

don´t call me a pubbie

Kentone
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Kentone » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 am

Oh, I not even near talking about you! Have to say, you made me think about that some votes had to be 100% positives. I think now that one of the things that make people come back to the server is that everyone opinion counts, if we have to take the point, is all taking the point, and if we have to PVP, all wanting PvP, or some non EBS that plays well and maybe don't read the forum for this kind of changes can stop playing because the 60% of the server players want to play PVP when this friends want the classic coop.

I hope its clear now! I have to make some rounds with the language to explain myself xD

Ztranier, I hope I didn't say someting wrong. I appreciate your opinion and experience a lot :)

Any misunderstanding, please blame my english!
Conspectis
Hostium
Navem

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 am

friday night pvp was the thing when it was a thing.
if people want to do it, then i suggest everyone constantly bangs on about pvp friday all week long, and get the word out. then on the night you could sit on the server and steam message loads of people before you start playing properly. that would work for a one-off.
once you've started it though, if it's not regular, then people will lose interest, and you'll end up with this thread again.
even when it was regular people eventually became bored anyway, and not enough turned up to pop it, which is why we're back here again.

it's a good idea. well suggested. it displays that there is an appetite for it once again, so why not give it another round of fridays. 5 or 6 fridays in a row would be a good target. if it keeps on going then great. if it doesn't then that's natural selection, or supply and demand, as you wish to view it.

if the desire were to attempt regular weekly sessions then i don't think that doing it before christmas would be worth it.
maybe give it a go in the new year. if there is still appetite then, that would prove it worth sorting out some admin arrangements.
a one-off can be arranged any time i imagine.
talk it through peeps. it's the regulars who will make it happen if it's going to happen.
EASY NOW

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:06 am

@Kentone no worries mate, for me it just an ethic question. i don´t hate to shoot friend
but if there are enough people which want to play PvP, why not having a few considered weekdays with some hours on it.

but @spawncy, maybe friday night is not the the best idea, because Friday is already the most frequented day/night. even without PvP.
sometimes filled up 5-7 hrs in a row and even EBS members have to wait then and Regulars have to be kicked for members

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:41 am

the boss is right, this comes round and round, people loose interest, and it needs an instigator which is allot of work, I knwo as i also did this for some time.

one of the main issues, is that you fire off a single pvp map you have 32 human slots, it then reverts to co op and kicks 22 people, members and public, its not great. so not recommended this way.

I would also need to test the ppv theater which has not been used since the last nwi update

kentone, voting/ its just more work to code and keep running..and you wont please them all, as you will find out,

we are at the moment keeping it simple, doing less... letting it run.

However, I will happily flip it given a firm date and time.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:51 am

The PvP theaters will need some work since the last update. Have got them running on my lab while I look at the smoke and secondaries and they will need a bit of work.
Am trying to streamline and balance them a little while I'm at it!
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil: