Chat about our Insurgency server
Cairon
Leading Rate
Leading Rate
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DamnWhitePeople

A Delayed Suggestion

Post by Cairon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Ahoy everyone!

So a while back I had an idea regarding the two different Insurgency servers, with the introduction of Server #2, the older server seemed to be used a lot less often or in some cases not at all. When I noticed this, not long after I believe Spriggs and Spawnsy ran a fun PVP event on Server #2 and this got me thinking. I had the idea we could convert Server #1 into a permanent PVP server meaning it would surely get some use now giving us "=EBS= Co-op Server" and "=EBS= PVP Server".

Unfortunately not long after I had this idea, before I could put up a post, Server #1 was shut down making Server #2 the main server (I still am not sure why as I may have missed a post on it but I imagine it was due to either lack of use, no longer able to fund it, or a mix of the two), but I thought I would post this suggestion as it is better late than never and I feel it may be in the best interest of the =EBS= community.

I understand if Server #1 was shut down for a reason and must stay shut down but would love feedback on this post telling me whether it is a helpful suggestion, a very foolish one, or even just enlightening me on what the reason was for shutting the old server down.

Cairon ;)
Oreo spelt backwards is still oroe :cookie:

warlock359205
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: A Delayed Suggestion

Post by warlock359205 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:12 am

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it was lack of use, as most members were on the main server and wanted to play together and the other was mainly used by the public .

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:13 am

We did have a period where we could fully populate two coop servers but that was quite a while ago.
While our members like PvP sessions, there was not enough popularity and usage to justify a dedicated PvP server.
After checking the logs over a 2 month period and finding that we had only had 2 occasions where members had spilled over on to the 2nd server as the 1st server was full, we decided to pull the plug.
People preferred the config of server 2 over server 1 so 1 was the one dropped.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

Kentone
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kentoneheadshot

Post by Kentone » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 am

Maybe can be a good idea doing a subchannel on discord called Insurgency PVP maybe on "Other games", so if anyone is playing pvp on another server and other
members want to join we can use that as a hub :D
;)
Conspectis
Hostium
Navem

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 pm

another good idea Ken, i know allana for ex. likes PvP very much. the same way like taran got a spuad round together last week very succesful

Allana
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Allana » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Ztranier - you are totally right :-D

I'd love to play pvp sometimes. The pvp sessions on our server on Sunday nights were more fun than pvp on other servers where it's just run'n'die.
But if there would be a discord channel and someone knows a good pvp server, I'd love to join members.

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:30 pm

I liked PVP sundays as well, but found it hard to get regular players on all the time, it was fun. also had quite a few grumpy bastards wanting it to go away.

I can still flip the server to pvp any time, what you need is enough interest and a time and I will flip it for you happily

Cairon
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Cairon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 pm

warlock359205 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:12 am
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it was lack of use, as most members were on the main server and wanted to play together and the other was mainly used by the public .
Thanks for the clarification, I thought that'd be why ;)

Cairon
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Cairon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:45 pm

DarkDeamon wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:13 am
We did have a period where we could fully populate two coop servers but that was quite a while ago.
While our members like PvP sessions, there was not enough popularity and usage to justify a dedicated PvP server.
After checking the logs over a 2 month period and finding that we had only had 2 occasions where members had spilled over on to the 2nd server as the 1st server was full, we decided to pull the plug.
People preferred the config of server 2 over server 1 so 1 was the one dropped.
I feel the logs will only compare different configs for 2 separate Co-op servers, however when Spawnsy and Spriggs held the PVP event I believe it was spontaneous and not planned in any way however still brought in around 30 players on to the server with at least 8 =EBS= members playing also. Many members of the public came and went over the course of the event also showing some decent server traffic.

Cairon
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Cairon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Kentone wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 am
Maybe can be a good idea doing a subchannel on discord called Insurgency PVP maybe on "Other games", so if anyone is playing pvp on another server and other
members want to join we can use that as a hub :D
;)
That sounds like a great idea perhaps as a gateway into bringing back regular PVP events or even a seperate PVP server ;)