The power of EBS team work

Chat about our Insurgency server
knightmorphed
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971133488/

The power of EBS team work

Post by knightmorphed » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:43 pm

This is Broadsword calling Danny boy.....
This is Broadsword calling Danny Boy.....
The eagle has landed!...I repeat the eagle has landed...

Yesterday was one of those rare games where everything just came together on the EBS server and we demonstrated to 8 other players the power of team work, communication, covering for each other, working together as a tight unit....no selfishness, no concerns about points just about survival and conquering the insurgents. I am usually a sucker for points :P so it was refreshing joining a game half way through the battle.

I joined the insurgency server around 21.00 UK time and I could tell on Discord that Allana had some exhaustion and frustration in her voice....on the server were 10 individual talented players without a strategy and no communication...5 times they had tried to complete Dry Canal but didn't make it. Allana said "happy to have an EBS member joining the team....we need some team work this bunch is running all over the place and not listening to commands" I joined Allana for the 6th try to complete Dry Canal I selected rifle man an M16 with AP bullets and M1911 Colt 45 pistol and some grenades, not usually my slot but all others were taken. Slowly, methodically the two EBS members got to work.....we were an effective killing machine, Osama Bin Laden's relatives were afraid with the trail of the killing fields we left behind...Pol Pot would have been proud of us....... we moved through the buildings, had a plan in place, took our time, inside close quarter combat the insurgents were soon screaming for mercy as Allana took her cold blue steel Colt 45 with 14 rounds in the clip (had extended clip) and executed insurgents at close range. I was having one of those games where you know a higher being is watching down on you and giving you more luck than knowledge to survive. At point D I was alone capping the point 9 players dead and somehow without smoke or grenades I took out an entire counter with M16 and handgun and miraculously survived.....As I was heading towards 75-0 score I was getting a bit cocky and I shot an insurgent across a road with an AP bullet...unfortunately the bullet went straight through the insurgent and killed one of my own team members standing behind....dammit, you cant keep being that lucky so perfect score it wasn't to be....

We proceeded to work together through all the remaining points and I have the feeling the other 8 players (all non EBS members) were like "holy shit those EBS folks don't mess about, we mean business when it comes to putting down insurgents". Allana said at end of victorious 6th try "thank god for an EBS member joining the server so I can go to bed on a positive note with beating the enemy". I agree it is very frustrating playing and continuously losing games because of lack of communication and no team play which happens regularly when playing with non EBS members.

This is exactly the point of EBS in cooperative gaming. With teamwork we are able to multiply our output and the combined strength of each member is even greater than when playing solo. Two players working together could do more damage than 10 good players not working together and the point was proven in those 30 minutes of gaming. But the even better part of gaming is how a middle aged IT consultant from London with waist size two inches too big, receding hairline and a teacher from Switzerland could transport themselves into feeling like they were part of Navy Seal team Six taking out terrorists in hostile Iraq without actually dying or hurting people for real....Now how can you not love this escapism...away from thinking about mortgage, bills, career, worries, accomplishments, weather and life.....it's as good as it gets!

Long live online gaming....may it continue to evolve and the community of camaraderie thrive amongst EBS for many years to come......

Roger, over and out.
Knightmorph
Dyin' ain't much of a living boy!

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Re: The power of EBS team work

Post by Ztranier » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Wow KnightMorphed,

Thx for posting such a nice Text.
So now I can go to bed on a positive note, reading a good book!! :-D

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:24 am

A lovely heartwarming post mate. Thanks for sharing that with us. Same as it ever was, may it always be. Long live =EBS=.
EASY NOW

Allana
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Allana » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 pm

you put very well in words what i thought that evening. thank your for writing that down (altough i think it was totally your skills that brouhgt as the victory - i didnt do much (exept that m45 cleaning *g*))

its always a plaesure (and at the end very satisfying) playing with you!

Elite-Guard
Leading Rate
Leading Rate
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElitGuard
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeanpaul.simons1

Post by Elite-Guard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Even he approves;

knightmorphed
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by knightmorphed » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:40 pm

:angel2:

Famous facts about Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris was bitten by a cobra and after five days of excruciating pain... the cobra died.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Chuck Norris doesn't dial the wrong number. You answered the wrong phone.

Chuck Norris knows Victoria's secret.

If Chuck Norris was a Spartan in the movie 300, the movie would be called 1.

When Chuck Norris turned 18, his parents moved out.

When Chuck Norris swims in the ocean, the sharks are in a steel cage.

Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.

Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants today are known as giraffes.

Chuck Norris doesn't breathe air. He holds air hostage.

Chuck Norris can delete the Recycling Bin.

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars. That's why there are no signs of life.

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.

Chuck Norris's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2. No one fools Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris wears sunglasses so that his eyes won't hurt the sun.

If you see Chuck Norris crying he will grant you a wish, if your wish is dying.

When Chuck Norris works out he doesn't get stronger, the machine does.

Chuck Norris does not sleep; he waits.

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:58 pm

can´t stop loughing about this chuck guy,

but........

that doesn´t make sence to me here on this threat!!!

this one has been the most serious post on on the EBS Forum since i have started reading them from my Point of view,
no matter to fill it with Comic figures

Spriggs272
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/351365168354

Post by Spriggs272 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:48 am

Way to show the world what we're made of!

Good job guys :bigt:
The resident muppet ...

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 am

It's natural evolution of conversation mate. Don't worry about it. It made some of us laugh, and that's good.
EASY NOW

knightmorphed
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by knightmorphed » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Two quotes I read today that are relevant to our dialogue above.....

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive - Elbert Hubbard

Humor is a serious thing. I like to think of it as one of our greatest earliest natural resources, which must be preserved at all cost. James Thurber