Theatre Beta Test

Chat about our Insurgency server
TokaiTele
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028417860/

Re: Theatre Beta Test

Post by TokaiTele » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am

It seems to be when we are near objectives. I shall pay closer attention today. Sometimes it is one or two that die - I'm assuming they spawn and an algorithm checks the player vs bot numbers to determine whether they should die - sometimes multiple bots die at the same instance.

I will say one thing, and this isn't a whinge, when there is only player left and there is a counter attack the bot numbers are simply too much. No matter how skilled the player is the likelihood of them surviving is very slim. I have done it of course :-)

On a side note, I do have a rig now so I am willing to help with the scripting etc. I know we touched on this before but I was busy with other things.

Anyhooo...keep up the good work. I joined the empty server yesterday and within 30 mins it was full, or thereabouts.

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Ahoy Sirs,

have been playing Highjacked wit a few chaps today.
at the beginning we didn´t have any suicide bots at all( we started with 6 humans then)
the number of human Players increased then and still very low numbers of suicides( maybe one or two) per Point.

after taking Point E some human Gamers left the Server and others joined and that was the Moment when we got more suicide bots.
always in Groups of three or six. spawn wave after spawn wave.

perhabs i am wrong, but i can imagine that the suiced bots were connected to the Gamers that have left the EBS Server, and the console has already done the bot spawn timing, and then realised that the connected human slot isn´t filled anymore as it was bevore, and decided to take the bots out of the game.
I also can imagine that the half of my post is a bit confused due to my poor english. please feel free to ask for a voice chat somewhere on discord to sort it out, maybe you can verify< the informations better than.

all in all we still have had a shitload of bots then!!!

about 600+ kills with changing humans on the Server with restarting the map once (voting forced by myself, cause the chaps hadn´t have time to suply before starting the round) at the beginning and then doing the whole map without a break

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:05 pm

btw.: i have tried to rejoin the Server at about 3.40pm and it was impossible, because the Server was filled and no admin on board.
that thing launches like a Saturn 5 rocket

place 17 over all in the last 24 hours :stickdance:

P.S.: Since i am addictet to statistics,: would u mind to post some links where i can find more about them?
i just can follow the servers´s home page

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:57 pm

From what I can see, its the server auto balancing the bots to player numbers, so as you say when people leave it needs to remove bots so it kills them.

It makes no difference to your gameplay, so I suggest you ignor it or we turn the kill feed off.

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Ztranier » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:46 pm

@taRan

yes, Auto balancing is the right word which i didn´t find in my english Knowledge. sry for that weakness m8
idk if the feed kill will be switched on or off, it just helped me to understand whats going on.
i like to have it switched to on, but if it makes sence to Switch it off ist ok also to me.

@DarkD
is it possible to have a counter attack at each Point?

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:53 pm

I believe the counter attacks are controlled by the sourcemod.
It will take a bit of digging.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm

it is set to 50% I have raised it to 80%, nice to have a suprise.

I am working on the security respawn so it will go on and off, till I have total control of it.

Allana
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Allana » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:10 pm

the server is now very challenging - i really like that!

playing on workout tonight --> after the counter attack on point E some bots spawned almost on point (in gym) which is not too cool. it killed half of the team within seconds after the respawn.

then we played a map called something with bin laden (when i remember correctly). it had no bots, so i changed the map via console to dry canal.

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 am

Its a map by map thing @allana, not all maps work, and is beyond our control... depend on who wrote the map and how much care they put into the bot spawn information.

We are trying to refine it so it works on most.

I have removed osama.
Last edited by taran on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allana
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Allana » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 am

ok. so we just have to be careful on that point... *g*
thx taran!