Total votes: 17

Anderson
Midshipman
Midshipman
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... 32814/home

Re: Our Insurgency Servers

Post by Anderson » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Yes sir, affirmative!

I am happy that members have to right to play at their server, more than public, but non members also bring the ranking and popularity of the server up.

@DD aka EB and taran, please don't get angry while a potentially new member is commenting on the server post
I hope im doing this in a respectful way. today we played a couple of time on buzhir, and the speciall enemy spawns were surprising the majority of us, some including myself were a little confused if this should be the way.

this is only a courteous comment, no critics.
points don't count only wins!

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:28 am

It's member feedback, my sanity fluctuations and taran's diligence in fixing my mess that have got the servers where they are today.

I'm a natural born tinkerer and often fiddle with the settings to see how far I can take them. 80% of the stuff I do, doesn't make it off my test server. Some things I love but the majority hate, so I go with the flow.

All that's happening on server 2 now is a bit of bot fine tuning prior to me ironing out the bugs & wrinkles on the new theatre and installing it on the server.

Server 1 may have a few more bots than you are used to as I cranked the settings up a notch or two on the respawn plugin as it's getting shutdown! 😈
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

galilath
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by galilath » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:32 pm

hi dark and taran,

To use more bots in the game would be fun, but as long as they spawn behind us when we have cleared a certain area, it sucks .and even when we dont rush they will spawn behind us. It makes players to ” run and gun !!”.
As long as you cannot fix this problem i think it is a bad idea.

In order to make the server challenging again, you could leave the c4 out so it will not give players the opportunity to make a lot off spawnkills. Many players know where the enemies spawn by now , using c4 there, and make a lot of kills. This can be fun, lots of fun, i know , but it doesnt make the game more realistic . Less smoke and fire would also benefit the game.
Maybe you can fiddle with settings like no armor to players, and full armor to enemies to make things harder

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:02 pm

.....says one who isn´t even a member of the boat and known as a guy who is very often rushingjumping arround in front of Team members, and playing just for kills and Points :2guns: hahaha

i really do like the c4 and the thing with the spawn kills reults only in mapknowlege caused by playing the EBS Servers very often

galilath
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by galilath » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:29 pm

apologies for my contribution here, i didn't know I had to be a member

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:14 pm

The game was not designed to have red zones removed, if you keep the red zones you will have no bot spawn issues.. but you have to wait, people cannot go forward and set up killing spree.

that is how it was made, the moment you remove the red zones the bot spawn goes crazy and they spawn everywhere, largely controlled by the idiots who run forward.

For years people have tried to minimise these problems. Primarily J Ballou who is a genius..he wrote several plugins to try to make the issues less of a pain.

But he has quit fixing the code as totally fed up with NWI not giving a damn about the sourcecode mods and continually breaking these mods, without sourcecode the game is utterly unmanageable and next to useless.

What I have seen is on some NWI patches the bots behave and do not backspaw, but on others they completly broke the bots, last one took 7 months for them to address it.

there are a few servers globally that I know of that are not effected but they use 100% customised code, and we do not have access to this code.

there is no easy fix..

you need to adapt your playing style or put the red zones back on..

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:16 pm

:goodpoint:

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:41 pm

May need to experiment with turning the red zones back on tbh as I'm going to need to tinker with betabot & bot respawn with this new theatre.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm comfortable with or without red zones. Many many hours on both. It's no difference to me.
EASY NOW

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:32 am

galilath wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:29 pm
apologies for my contribution here, i didn't know I had to be a member
Galilath, you can make your comments but this is primarily a discussion by our community members on how we are going to setup and configure our server.

I do these changes to satisfy my own insane thought processes in the first instance (can this be done, what happens if I do this) and my EBS victims in the second instance. If anyone else happens to like what I'm doing with the config then that's their look out!
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac