Server 2
100%

Total votes: 17

taran
SWO
SWO

Re: Our Insurgency Servers

Post by taran » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:48 am

Seeding a server takes a huge amount of work and dedication to get it going..

@Hisdarkness idea of increasing human slots is doable and wouldnt take much time, and can alway be reversed easily.

I am for fun going to host an AA: proving ground server which you can do from your own pc, just to figure it out and see if I can make it hardcore....

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Server 1 is due renewal 8 Sep so i've put notice in not to renew it.

In the meantime, while watching the microshite progress bar of death and brain melting today, I've had some interesting ideas for tweaks on server 2 :devil:
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 am

theme> more bots

today i have had 257 kills within 1 and a hlf times doing the hijacked map with spriggs and spawnsy in the team and other regulars
although i was using the big gun and perfect overage i=ve got the feeling that we have enough bots at the moment

from mz point of view the server 2 caracter shouldn=+t be changed to much cause the momentary settings do make the difference between EBS servers and random hardcore servers.

maybe i am wrong, but this is why this server is ranked so high all the time between all those professional hosted servers.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:03 am

I'm looking at ways to include more players & that will reduce the original number of bots, so I'll need to modify the respawn.
On a full server we start with 24 bots which respawn to give us 48 bots per objective, 6:1 which seems an optimal number.
I can modify to either 10 or 12 players without making things too cramped on most of our maps
10 gives us 22 bots & 44 after a single respawn which is ~4:1 & potentially easier
12 gives us 20 bots & 40 after a single respawn which is > 4:1 & would really benefit from an extra wave to put us up to 5:1 or two waves to put us back near 6:1
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:34 am

increasing the numberof Players sounds great to me DarkD!!!!

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:50 am

I've got the basic theatre and squads worked out, I'm just playing with squad composition and load outs to balance the humans, give the bots a bit of a kick, remove the suicide bomber who keeps creeping in and setup weapon/ammo costs & weight.
I've also got to track down a skateboarding bot
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 am

I did see a plugin that stopped the skateboarding bots sometime ago. I will see if I can find it again.

Also have a look at the betterbots cfg file in cfg/sourcemod as you can change how the groups of bots spawn, and how that effects their fireteams, snipers alone etc.

with more humans and more respawns this might help with the balance.

circulus has some nice plugins to change the way they use flash and smoke will forward to you.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:45 am

I need to identify the error causing the skateboarding bot as with respawn, it will be multiplied and if I get it too badly wrong, will crash the server. It's normally a missing " or // but as I've currently got 5000+ lines of code, it takes a bit of digging.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

Anderson
Midshipman
Midshipman
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... 32814/home

Post by Anderson » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:13 pm

hi HisDarkness aka EvilBastard, hi taran,

first of all I want to thank you both and all others, for all that valuable work you did to improve the seetings on both ebs insurgency servers.
However I understand that running 2 servers on 1 game mod takes a lot of time, know how and also money I loved to play on ebs 1+ 2. When I started to play insurgency more than a year ago after some tries, I thank god to have found the coop mod and much more ebs 1 and 2. There I developed my second great gaming liaison after counter strike and call of duty, which both ended many years ago.

And while ebs 2 was/is often full and I also loved to play, probably more public, at ebs 1.
like mentioned earlier by others I don't like to have someone non ebs being kicked due to my wish to play with my ebs fellows.

So what ever the majority of the boat is dreaming of and you will bring to reality, I hope the achievements of both servers will not be decreased by cutting it down to a single one.

as for today I wish you all the best for your big project.
points don't count only wins!

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:23 pm

public will always be kicked for members.
that's just the way it is.
EASY NOW