100%

Total votes: 17

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Our Insurgency Servers

Post by DarkDeamon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Ladies and Gentle-blancmanges,
Unaccustomed as I am to public off-gassing, I'll keep this short.

I don't think we have enough active Insurgency players anymore to justify running 2 servers and the EBS monies could be better spent.

The question is, if we were to shutdown one of the servers, which one would you want left running? (Poll is open for 7 days)

Please post suggestions if there is anything people think we should replace the shutdown server with. Opening suggestion is "Day of Infamy"?
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

warlock359205
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Our Insurgency Servers

Post by warlock359205 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 pm

personally every time I try to join, and yes I know someone would make space for me, but I don't want to interrupt someone's game , IF there was a space then I would join in more but it's nearly always full, most of the active members are all on one server, my guess is that they prefer to be on one with EBS members on as well, the other is active but mainly pubbies, I have on occasion gone on the other server and tried to get it going but as soon as an EBS member joins the public tend to leave as they don't like our rules and know whats coming. it's as I said ages ago its a shame you can only have so many players on a server at one time, unlike battlefield e.g. up to 64.

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:41 am

I know you wont like this as mentioned before,

IMHO, ditch server 1, and look into moving providers to get a 48 slot server, it would still be a saving in cash to the community and might be interesting gameplay and more space for members... if it isnt we can always revert?

Lots of New Signups from the INS servers but very few full members on continuously, I am sure this happens historically..an EBS training ground for other things?

I would love a squad server, but seems like me and cpt monkey are the only regular players now and I know it would be a huge effort to get it seeded, Battlegrounds seems to be the game most populated?

Perhaps wait until sandstrom comes out?

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:15 am

Insurgency coop not stable above 32 players without a lot of work as the code is not setup for it. Plus there are not many coop maps big enough for that number of players.
With respawn working & a bit of tweaking of the config, I can up coop from 8 players to 12 and still throw a lot of bots in, 40/60/80.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:29 am

Ahoi all,

I don´t know if someone is interested in my Point of view, since i am only an EBS member for a bit longer thamn 4 month.
But i like the Idea of having a Sandstorm Server later on.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:34 pm

You are a member ztranier so your point of view is listened to.

The thing that's kept insurgency going so long is the modding, custom maps & theaters. As long as NWI include that for sandstorm, I can see it being popular.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:17 pm

yup thats what i was thinking about

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Ztranier » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:43 pm

and btw:

ty for making me feel to be a full member DarkD!!!
trhat makes me quite proud

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:53 pm

please don't say that you'd like a specific game server if you're not willing to chip in and help out though people.
it's all very well saying "we want this, or that" but we have to remember that our money comes from individuals who generally donate towards the upkeep of specific servers. myself included.
i wouldn't be willing to pay towards a different game server any time soon, as i now share my time between insurgency and PUBG, for example.
EASY NOW

Stujb
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stujb

Post by Stujb » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Not only what Spawnsy said but also think about populating the server. We've had servers in the past on a whim that playing a game might be fun, but nobody joined so it soon became an expense wasted.

We're not trying intentionally to put any ideas down, we're just speaking from experience as to why something might not be a good idea.