Insurgency Hall Of Shame

Chat about our Insurgency server
Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Re: Insurgency Hall Of Shame

Post by Spawnsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 am

i don't see why not give ban option. the higher ranking admins aren't on, and it would save hassle. it's not like they're going to go wappy and ban everyone until they don't have anyone left to play with. :shrug:
EASY NOW

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 am

@spawnsy

ok have upgraded all normal admins to be able to sm_ban

But it would still make good practice, if you do ban someone to put name, id and why here..

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 am

@taran @Taran capitalisation is key mate! ;)

seconded.
name and brief description of reason.
i think that used to be a preference at one time. maybe not quite a rule? don't quite recall.
EASY NOW

UncleRedDevil
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/UncleRedDevil/

Post by UncleRedDevil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 am

"SharkBait" STEAM_0:1:34006040
Wednesday 00:05. Bit of a disgruntled player. Blaming others through false accusations for his deaths, called a Russian player an idiot because he let a couple of bots past him in the smoke... Nothing serious, just dicky.
Typed something about the spawn protection not being set up properly on the server after he died but didn't finish. I asked him if he'd like to finish the sentence to which he mentioned something about NWI.
Suggested "If you don't like the way the server is set up I suggest you leave."
Called me a Beta cuck... Or something? Then left.

Decided against any Admin action as I was under a different name and his attitude and poor choice of typed words was the only issue.
Don't believe any action is needed. Could be a rough evening for 'em.
:devil: UncleRedDevil :devil:

Kentone
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kentoneheadshot

Post by Kentone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Banned BIGSKI
STEAM_0:1:39078714

We said ask to cap, and then he started to provoke us saying things like:
You didn't ask for reloading
You didn't ask for die
You admin asses with your admin rights.
Long etc.

We gave him oportunity to change his behavior for 4 map rounds.
Then he tried to teamkill and I finally banned him.
Conspectis
Hostium
Navem

HonorOfDuty
SWO
SWO

Post by HonorOfDuty » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:27 am

If they want to get banned why don't they just ask politely? I'm happy to oblige 😄

V0PLASMA0V
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/V0PLASMA0VSam

Post by V0PLASMA0V » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:13 am

Hello,

Played with Uncle Red, so he can vouch for this.
3 people came on and, even after telling them many times, refused to accept the rules of no capping before we all confirm and ended up team killing us both before leaving.

These 3 were:

[PTFO]_HeTe_STOFZUIGER__
Madgamer
Crab Man

UncleRedDevil
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/UncleRedDevil/

Post by UncleRedDevil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:20 am

As VOP mentions:

STOFZUIGER capped last point on Hijacked before we were ready, got teamkilled by a regular public player, he got a little mad but nothing I saw warranting action.
Next map, Bridge, after failing once then capping B on second attempt, Madgamer TK'd VOP while Crab Man TK'd myself. These three are all friends.
STOFZUIGER said they were "just having quality banter" but as this was directed only at EBS members, may I suggest an eye be kept on STOFZUIGER or a short-term ban, while slapping on a longer/permanent ban for Crab Man and Madgamer.

Or simply ban all three outright? :p

[PTFO]_HeTe_STOFZUIGER__
STEAM_0:1:60649022
Madgamer
STEAM_0:1:48259159
Crab Man
STEAM_0:0:63505977
:devil: UncleRedDevil :devil:

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:56 am

i don't think i've ever posted this before. these are the admin guidelines as i saw them when i was active. this is how i used to admin. i post them as an offering of good guidelines to follow, which are proven and helped keep the servers populated for 3 odd years.

if i just flatly tell someone that
we don't cap until everyone agrees. server rule. ok mate?
it's not very enticing. it comes across as disagreeable.
i used to say things like:
i'm bored of losing. we'd like to play server rules starting this next round. (or) Welcome to EBS, we have a unique custom theatre which rewards team play. we like to take the time to clear the area/ give time for resupply/ re-positioning / the planting of explosives in case of counter attack. please don't cap until all agree/ we hope you have fun winning with us.
i'm counting solid regulars as members in the following. any player familiar with, and supportive of our server rules.

members 1 : 2 pubbies = don't enforce, just suggest. if you don't get a positive response then just put up with it in order to use them as bait to fill the server!

members 2 : 2 pubbies = explain and ask them to follow the rules. enforce at discretion.

members 3 : 3 or > pubbies = explain and ask them to follow the rules. enforce at discretion.

if you're members 2:3 or > pubbies, then it's a judgement call as to whether or not to attempt to play server rules.
before you decide you need to determine 3 things.

1. does one of the members have admin rights?
if not, then you can't enforce. only explain and ask.

if so, then either

A. are one or both of the members strong enough players to illustrate the benefits of patient teamwork?
or
B. does one or both of the members have sufficient map knowledge and linguistic ability to lead the team?

if you want to play server rules then 2 out of the 3 are required if you want to keep the server populated, and not look like a dick.

if 1 is not present then an explanation of, and request to follow the rules may be made.... BUT! if you don't get a positive response, insisting will be pointless and come across as petty. it's wiser not to bother in the first place. see members 1 : 2 pubbies!

if 1 is not present but you have both A and B, people will see you at the top of the scoreboard, saving the point, helping people to score, and they'll start to pay attention anyway. you shouldn't need 1 if you have A and B.

if you have 1, but neither A nor B, then you can't back up your claim that it benefits everyone and you'll be ignored/challenged. the likely escalation could end in an avoidable kick or ban. wiser not to bother. see members 1 : 2 pubbies!
EASY NOW

TokaiTele
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028417860/

Post by TokaiTele » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 pm

This guy came on today and immediately tk'd me. Then he tried to do it again. This was around 14:10.

He has played a little on our servers. Not sure why he did it. Maybe because he was muted yesterday for constantly talking. Think he's a kid.

steamID STEAM_1:0:58709320
steamID3 [U:1:117418640]
steamID64 76561198077684368
customURL http://steamcommunity.com/id/rainbled
profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077684368
name m.def

I tried to ban him but it didn't work so I just kicked him and the twat didn't try to come back.