The Big Sim Racing Thread

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

The Big Sim Racing Thread

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:52 am

Hello all!

It seems to be a few of us that like to play simracing. Let us have this thread to discuss tips, tricks, news, do's and dont's. Maybe even plan races!
Last edited by Cold Blood Nor on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Re: The Big Sim Racing Thread

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:55 am

I play Project Cars 2 and also have Assetto Corsa and WRC7. Noob in both (as of now I haven't played AC yet). Still trying to get used to the different cars in PC2. Any tips on throttle control? I seem to spin out fast in and after corners?
Cold Blood out.

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:09 am

I am game on for this.....just need to source the right hardware and games......

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:10 am

the first Indycar virtual oval race is to come :

https://www.indycar.com/News/2020/04/04 ... -EntryList

I remind you that this race is run by all the true pilots of the irl championship. Two races have already been run on road tracks, and the show was really good.
You do not really need to watch NBC, as severa l pilots are streaming their race on YT. This how I watched the last race from Josef Newgarden's - the 2019 champion -cockpit. With his feet, and real time comments in overlay... I enjoyed it

@Cold blood nor : I guess you will feel a huge difference between PC2 and AC. The physical engine of AC is by the most realistic I know, and you'll be surprised how you have to keep the car balance if you don't wan't to loose a huge ammount of grip and traction

Because MCP90 posted this video in YT ( shame on you ! :mrgreen: )

That gave me the idea to compare the Lotus49 in AC and rF2.

In AC I will use a free mod Lotus 49, not the DLC version on Monza 66 version
in rFactor2, the F1 Legends mod already contains a Lotus 49 that I have already driven a few hundred km

I'll keep you up to date as the comparison/discover is going

First and foremost, I'm driving AC in PRO difficulty with no help at all, full damage, realistic wear and consumption. Same philosphy will apply in rFactor2. Beside my wheel, is an old school shifter, and below are the tradional 3 pedals....

This said, I am NOT a good pilot - really -. I am experienced, but I am not fast. And I would be very surprised if any of you was not able to drive faster than I am able.

And I already have a few things to tell about AC's 49 mod : I have run a 20th trials on Monza66, was able to cut the finish line only once for 2'53"xxx ... no comment. I know I will do better ... when the car is set up

Because you have to know that this Lotus 49 is almost undrivable on Monza66 track, with the vanilla setup. So I had to soften almost everything to just get a car that is controlable in such high speed curves ... then I have a basis to make a setup fitting the track and my style... and I must have a mandatory longer 5th, in view to not change the engine after every turn ! :mrgreen:

But with this setup that still need to be refined, I began to feel the grip of the car in a way that reminded me so deeply Grand Prix Legends = THE reference..... and of course, the feeling of speed is incredible. But you'll have to deserve it, as braking and even more shifting down are task that require some practice before you do it keeping the control of the vehicle and not making a salad with your gearbox and pistons :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh, I forgot : the force feed back information given by the game through the wheel, is of a very high quality, it helps a lot in the feeling of the car
Last edited by Hairy Frog on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:39 pm

@Hairy Frog I tried AC earlier today, and WOW. Car handling is much better. Now I just need to remember to break before corners...
Cold Blood out.

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:06 pm

As I said, if there only had to choose between PC and AC, I'd go for AC and woudn't have to think twice. :wink:

But compared to rFactor, the physics of AC make the driving much more difficult, imho

Cold Blood Nor wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:39 pm
@Hairy Frog I tried AC earlier today, and WOW. Car handling is much better. Now I just need to remember to break before corners...

LOL, if you try the Lotus 49 on Monza66, I'm not sure you'd keep on saying this :mrgreen:

This car is a bitch, I have to drift her slightly to enter the Curva Grande, and then keep the right foot on the ground to prevent any understeer ... this setup is starting to make me mad :twisted:

Enjoy :

http://assetto-db.com/car/lotus_49
Last edited by Hairy Frog on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Are mods available when online? It would be fun doing some races with this van :lol:

Cold Blood out.

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Here are the 3 sites where a get my AC mods from. Some links are rediocrecting to the paying site ....

https://assettocorsa.club/index.php?q=en/

http://assetto-db.com/

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/cars

It is possible to race onine with mods, but maybe we have to install the same mods

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 pm

Just downloaded the Transit mod and a lawnmover car :lol: gonna test them tomorrow
Cold Blood out.

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:51 pm

The lawmover is exactly what I need in Monza :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having