"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

0v3rz34l0u5

Re: Shortcut to copy I.P. to clipboard.

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 pm

kentone wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Code: Select all

cmd.exe /c echo 178.32.157.60:27102| clip
This post is kept up-to-date and accurate as necessary.
I am lazy, so, I've created a program that automatically creates a shortcut for the EBS Sandstorm Server based on the IP address in Kentone's post. I’m also trying to battle through my problems by ignoring them and keeping my mind occupied. Here is the fruit of my labour. Probably not an issue that needed addressing but hey ho.

Download both files from https://1drv.ms/u/s!Altmhqse1obagQUTvVq ... J?e=aDVj9x onto your Desktop. Simply run "Install EBS Shortcut.bat" (as an administrator).

This creates a .bat file in the Insurgency: Sandstorm folder after "scraping" the IP:Port from Kentone's post and then creates a shortcut (which you can find under Start > All Apps) called "EBS Insurgency Sandstorm Server". When you click it, the server address is copied into the clipboard and then loads Sandstorm! I don't know how well it'll "survive" if/when the IP or Port changes.

For those who are interested, the contents of the files are

Install EBS Shortcut.bat

echo off
CHCP 65001
powershell.exe –ExecutionPolicy Bypass ./CreateEBSShortcut.ps1
CreateEBSShortcut.ps1
PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES FOR THE LACK OF COMMENTS!!

$cpu = (Get-WMIObject Win32_Processor).AddressWidth
if ($cpu -eq 64) {
        $regSteamKey = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Valve\Steam" }
    else {
        $regSteamKey = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam"
}
$steamInstallDir = Get-ItemProperty -path "$regSteamKey" -name "InstallPath"
$steamFolder = $steamInstallDir.InstallPath
$insurgencySandstormIconFile = Get-ItemProperty -path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 581320\' -name "DisplayIcon"
$iconFile = $insurgencySandstormIconFile.DisplayIcon
$insurgencySandstormInstallDir = Get-ItemProperty -path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 581320\' -name "InstallLocation"
$insurgencySandstormFolder = $insurgencySandstormInstallDir.InstallLocation
$url = "http://enemyboat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=321&sid=b9be412d4ca5d6d0258379e913fee469#p2737" 
$data = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url 
$forumPost = $data.ParsedHtml.body.getElementsByTagName('div') | Where {$_.getAttributeNode('class').Value -eq 'codebox'}
$codeBox = $forumpost.innerText[1]
$stripServerAddress = ($codeBox | Select-String -Pattern "\d{1,3}(\.\d{1,3}){3}:\d{1,5}" -AllMatches).Matches.Value
$batchFileName = "ebsserver.bat"
$batchFile = "$($insurgencySandstormFolder)\$($batchFileName)"
$WriteCMDList = @"
echo off
set steamFolder=$steamFolder
set serverIPandPort=$stripServerAddress
cd %steamFolder%
cmd.exe /c echo %serverIPandPort%|clip
steam.exe -applaunch 581320
"@ 
$WriteCMDList | Out-File -FilePath $batchFile -Encoding ASCII
$WshShell = New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell
$startMenuFolder = "Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"
$shortcutFilename = "EBS Insurgency Sandstorm Server.lnk"
$shortcutFile = "$($env:APPDATA)\$($startMenuFolder)\$($shortcutFilename)"
$shortcut = $WshShell.CreateShortcut($ShortcutFile)
$shortcut.TargetPath = $batchFile
$shortcut.IconLocation = "$($iconFile),0"
$shortcut.Save()
We’re not the avatars we create. We’re not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through. All else is just smoke and mirrors. Distracting, but not truly compelling.

Ztranier
Loading…

Re: Insight, tips, tricks. No chat plz.

Post by Ztranier » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:58 pm

amazing effort Zel
as Always!!!
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 pm

Thanks Ztranier. I hope it comes in handy.
We’re not the avatars we create. We’re not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through. All else is just smoke and mirrors. Distracting, but not truly compelling.

peglegswansoon

Post by peglegswansoon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Unsure if this was always a thing, but the developer console is actually available in Sandstorm now. I used godmode on the weapon range to try shooting down helicopters and I found it takes a surprisingly small number of bullets to take one out. Naturally you must focus on the tail rotor. It only took me between 3-5 hits of 7.62x51! A few more 5.56 but viable. You get a nice little puff of smoke/debris when you land a hit which is a nice indicator. Bearing in mind this is on the test range, so MP mileage may vary. (EDIT: looks like it definitely does :( they seem to take a lot more shots in multiplayer) I only tested the Blackhawk/minigun, unsure if the Gunship is stronger.

You should still probably just hide instead though. If you're the only one exposed, you're the only one the gunner needs to shoot at.... and he will end you rather sharpish. But when there's 20+ of you all shooting at the same time (like the bots do) I can see why the helis tend not to last very long!
Last edited by peglegswansoon on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kentone

Post by kentone » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:48 am

enemyboat.co.uk

ImageImage

peglegswansoon

Post by peglegswansoon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Bullet penetration!

Ever wonder why sometimes you get nailed in one shot at long range by an assault rifle when it wasn't even a headshot? Well I think I have the answer. At least from my testing, looks like bullets go through body parts individually and cause damage for each part that they pass through. E.g. if a bullet hits you in the leg from the side, it might also hit your other leg and deal damage for both hits. Pretty sure this is why you will sometimes see the "<blah> attacked a teammate" appear twice in the chat log, even if the attacker only fired once.

Most importantly is when getting hit from the front. The bullets will often hit your character's forearms and then also hit you in the chest, dealing more damage! When I tested this with the AKM and the MK17 (both have the same penetration power of 365) at close range they would kill in:
- 2 shots to the chest (with all the armor types)
- 2 shots to the arm
- 2 shots to the leg
But:
- 1 shot to the arm in-front of the chest (up to considerable distance!)
- 1 shot to the side passing through both legs

Also fun - keep in mind because of how the body armor works, some guns kill in fewer shots to the arms than the body. The high-end 9mm pistols (SiG and Glock) tend to take 2 arm shots, but 3 body shots if the enemy has heavy armor. But we all aim for headshots anyway, right? :D